Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Zanussi integrated fridge freezer (purchased

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi integrated fridge freezer (purchased alongside Kitechen from Wickes). Neither the fridge or freezer are cold (I have been away for 7 days). Light goes on when I press Fast freeze but doesn't seem to be making any noise. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. No fan noise or compressor noise at all?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model 2BB6286 serial no 10200056. No noise at all
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

That model is not showing as a good model number. Can you please double check it or post a picture of the model tag?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry ZBB6286 type B257717
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The power board likely has issues. However, I would unplug it or turn the mains off for at least an hour to reset before ordering the PCB, available below.

CLICK HERE

The power board is number 587 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Technician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fridge started buzzing when I switched it on again but after 12 hours still not cold
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Is the buzzing sound coming from the control area or the compressor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure but seems to be getting colder now....... Weird. Thank. You for your help. Will check it again next week when I return to London...... In the meantime have emptied the freezer and binned everything!
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** posted.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Got up this morning and buzzing has stopped again. Fridge and freezer cold (probably from yesterday though) Any ideas? Sorry to be such a pain. Do you think it is repairable?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I am sure it is repairable but I will need to know where the buzzing noise is coming from.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The buzzing noise is the noise it normally makes when you open the door if that helps. Thanx
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Coming from inside the freezer, the fan motor maybe?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No sounds like inside the fridge. Comes on when door is opened.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Maybe an electrical noise from the light??? That is pretty odd.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You must think I am a real pain. Not the light. When the fridge stopped being cold there was no noise at all. Where is the compressor..... No noise at all now but after turning off and leaving then turning on again as you suggested the noise (normal fridge type buzz) started. Seemed louder when freezer door opened. Think it is the noise a fridge/freezer makes when it is getting colder .... Maybe a hum more than a buzz?!
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The compressor is down at the bottom in the back but should not get louder when the door is opened.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We can't go on texting like this! Seriously I am away for 3 weeks now so gave emptied freezer and fridge, turned off and left the doors open till I return. Will put my head in freezer when I get back to see if I can hear compressor when I turn back on (or maybe just a gas oven)!
Be in touch..... And thanx for all your help B