Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch Exxcel upright fridge, door suction has increased

Hi, Bosch Exxcel upright fridge, door suction has increased making it very difficult to open and when I try to open after closing is impossible! Any remedies available?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I suggest the rubber seal is washed along with the frame that it sits on, and DRIED thoroughly. Also, if your temp is set too high, this can increase the vacuum inside the fridge

If that does not work maybe a little talc on the seal might help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried all that, very, very little difference. It's got to the stage where I have to leave the door open for long periods otherwise I can't get back in without the fridge moving on its Base when I try to open the door.....
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

If you open and close it then try to open it again with in a short time the frost-free may still be active.

Frost free sucks all the air out of the freezer to prevent all the icing.
I find pulling back the insulation for a second releasing the pressure makes it easier to open, or waiting 10 minutes for the pressure to equalize.

Please let me knwo how that goes, it could also be a clogged vent making this problem seem worse.

If you still have trouble you can use Baby powder all the way around the door seal. This should help quite a bit . But It sounds like you may need to defrost this frost free unit as sometimes ice formation behind the rear wall will cause this problem. To do this properly you need to empty the fridge and freezer, and then defrost it for 24 hours with the doors OPEN.

This should help a great deal with this issue;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's just a fridge, no freezer. Even after the door is shut, 15mins later it still needs a real good tug
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Ok, yes I woudl defrost this one for 24 hours and then try baby powder but make sure you wash and dry the seal well, especially at the bottom first.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried the clean and talc, a little different but not good. Will try the de-frost when contents are low but fail to see why a fridge needs a defrost? Hey, that's why I'm on here lol. Will be next week sometime as I'm away.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi lol I understand you really do need to defrost this one because it is a high likelihood that the vent for the door seal is frozen over as these will do;-)

Please rate kindly now So we can remain together until you have time to do the defrost operation.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.