Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a hotpoint FDAL28P Dishwasher. It powers on, I select

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint FDAL28P Dishwasher. It powers on, I select the wash and I press the start button, then straight away the 3hr wash button turns solid amber (normally green) and the cycle doesn't start, in fact it does nothing?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your dishwasher?

Also were there any storms just prior to thsi issue or any powr outages?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No bad weather, dishwasher is 18 months old, although has not been connected for about 2 months due to me moving house, was working fine before I moved.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks , when you turn it on can you hear it fill or does it not even do that?

Also are you sure it has the water valve in the on position so it has a supply of water?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the plumber came yesterday to fit it, so that is all working. No it make no sound and doesn't do anything at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it doesnt fill
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks, ***** ***** there is water actually able to get into the machine via the solenoid underneath.

If there is water pressure there, then you have possibly a the wiring clip is off the solenoid( the electric valve that opens when the control board calls for water. Or that valve needs replacement.

It is easy to change if you need a new water valve I will help you all the way.

If the valve is bad, and you can check it with a meter of a test light, to see if it is getting power from the main control board.

I have been a hands on tech for over 30 years so Im pretty sure thats the problem.

The best place to get a new water inlet valve (solenoid) is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

I would call them so they can ship that out to you today;-)

Please call Espares: 0844 9777 888 .

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check tonight and let you know, many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Please rate using the rating button that fits ;-)

I will be here for you after hen as well;-)

Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,My brother is here now helping me.Where will the solenoid be located as the water pressure and power is on?Many thanksKate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
25/07/2016 08:26
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kate,

the solenoid is where the water line enters the machine, do you have the new part yet?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet, is it the single valve I need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es188245/single-solenoid-valve?pageNumber=1&SearchTerm=solenoid
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes thats the one ;-)