Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a stoves hewhome EFa 700H electric double oven. The

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a stoves hewhome EFa 700H electric double oven. The clock/timer is just racing through the numbers at such a speed that I cannot set it, making usage impossible. Turning the power off and on dies not clear the fault.
Any ideas?
Thanks you
Mark
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. It sounds like on of the buttons is stuck down, do you feel a click when you push the buttons or does a button feel different to the rest?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already thought of that and individually removed all the buttons and re-inserted them
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Do they feel different when you press them. It could be that one of the micro switches has gone short circuit have you remove the timer module from the cooker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By timer module, do you mean something behind the cooker facia as all I have done is removed the small buttons
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I did mean the item behind the fascia. How do the buttons feel when you press them does one feel different?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of the buttons felt particularly different. From the left, buttons 1 to 3 seem okay but wont work so 4 and 5 are unusable. I could not see an easy way to get behind the fascia panel.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Could you send me a photo of the cooker.

I suspect to get the fascia panel you need to take the top off the cooker. There is likely to be screws at the back and the sides.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will Carl, it will just take me a couple of hours to do it, as am out at the moment.Cheers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a local electronics repair shop or would you be able to replace the microswitches yourself. I would suggest removing the module and then replacing all of the micro switches, they will be soldered in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pictures you will need to remove the oven first. If you open the oven door your should find the screw that screw it back to the woodwork. Once the oven is out the top should be easy to remove. You will need to turn of the cooker first at the switched spur or the cooker point.