Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The main oven and top oven on my electric cooker have

Customer Question

The main oven and top oven on my electric cooker have suddenly stopped working. The jobs and grill are still working fine, there was no indication like other than it ceasing to work. Is there a separate fuse for the ovens or could it be something else?? The model is a 48363
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is yours the gas or electric model version?

Also did they fail at the same time?

And does the clock seem yo be working and the controls?

And display all seem to work ok?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Michael it's electric, yes they both failed at the same time and all of the display and everything else is working correctly
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

thank you, ***** ***** isn't a fuse but there is a a connecting strip at the back of the oven that needs to be checked for burnt or loose wires. Also make sure the circuit breaker at the mains in your home is working and putting out the 240 VAC with a meter at the outlet for the stove. If yours isn't plugged in you may need to check the power at the back of the oven for that when you locate the connector block.

all the wires connect to the oven and range;-)

If that is all good, there please let me know

Also on your oven does the same controller board run both ovens?

You will need a meter or a test light for line voltage to check these things if the problem isn't apparent when you look at the connector block in the back of the oven.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi MichaelNo both ovens run off of different dials, the fuse box is fine. I'm just having a slight issue getting the oven out of the unit to examine the back. On first glance the back is covered with a metal plate, does this need to be removed to examine the connector block? Whereabouts is the connector block on the back??
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi follow the wires going into the back of the oven to determine exactly what needs to be removed. Make sure the power is OFF when you do that. Once the cover is off, test for power and check that the connections are solid and reliable not burnt up or anything.

If that is all ok, let me know because then you have a bad wire or control where both dials are fed with power;-)

We will get it.

Once I know whats bad, I will advise you as to where to get that part;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Michael,I've rated you as requested and if it's ok I will be in touch as soon as I've had the back off to let you know what I've found. Thanks for all your help this far
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi that's fine Im here with you until this problem is solved ;-)

Best of luck with hat. Do you have a meter or a test light for the few places to check?

Tech Michael