KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have an AEG Electrolux dishwasher, F35020VI / 911D53-0L.

Customer Question

We have an AEG Electrolux dishwasher, F35020VI / 911D53-0L. 4.5 years old.
Its been working correctly up till 2 days ago.
Since then, it would complete the wash cycle, but was making a very noticeable whooshing/groaning noise (best way of describing it!) whilst doing so.....then last night it would complete the cycle, but a)with large gaps of inactivity b) wasn't filling up with water c) contents were hardly wet if at all.
Today, I noticed that there was sitting water in the waste pipe, I emptied that (not a huge amount came out) and that made absolutely no difference - if I put it on a rinse, the thing comes on, you can hear some sort of activity going on but not much, and after 15 minutes or so it beeps to say its completed.
So at the moment the thing is effectively dead! Does anyone have any pointers/suggestions? All help gratefully received......
Best regards,
Adam
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it seems water in the base of unit is causing this issue... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tilt it by around 45 degrees to make sure excess water drains off... plug it back again and check if it works ... let me know how it goes
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin,
OK, the appliance is integrated. I've opened up the bottom inspection hatch and there is no water in the plastic tray, nor evidence of any. It's all dry on the floor and walls underneath / around it.
There seems to be more life in it when doing just a rinse programme.
I put it on rinse; whatever water is in the appliance is drained (I filled it with approx 4 litres just to see if that would coax it into life, all that water was drained successfully); the appliance then takes in water (so it's just covering the flat sieve like plate); it then sits there for approx 10 mins, doing nothing, but you can hear what sounds like a kettle heating water from the bottom bit; then that water is drained out and the programme is completed, with the LEDs flashing as they would normally.
I read elsewhere that the water regulator (?incorrect term? - the grey box directly attached to the dishwasher water hose from the copper mains pipe) could be blocked, and to disconnect that and inspect/clean the microfilter as appropriate. Worth doing?
Anything else that can be checked/inspected?
All help gratefully received, cheers Adam

Yes you can clean it complete and make sure nothing is clogged, by water regulator I believe the flow meter... clean everything then try again... if the problem is still their then it can be due to a bad heating element