Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My tricity bendix electric cooker CSIE452 oven has stopped

My tricity bendix electric cooker CSIE452 oven has stopped working. The hotplates all work, but neither the grill nor the fan oven will work. The clock is having a fit. Next to the digital clock there is the flashing image of a rocket, pointing skywards. I suspect the fault may have been induced by a thunderstorm. Is there anything I can do to enable me to cook my lunch, bearing in mind that I am a widower aged eighty-seven, living on my own?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Geoffrey,

My name is ***** ***** I will try and help with your question. I suspect the cooker needs the clock setting and then the cooker setting to manual. Could the rocket next to the clock be the word auto written like this

A

U
T

O

Can you try this

Turn the selector knob to ‘Manual’ then turn to ‘Time Setting’. Set the correct time by turning and holding the setting knob clockwise. Adjust the time by turning the setting knob in either direction.

Turn the selector knob back to ‘Manual’.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Yes this was probably blown out by the thunder storm.

But please try one thing for me first to see if it just spaced out and didn't actually blow lol.

Turn off power at the mains to your oven setup for 30 full minutes then you can turn it back on. Let me know if this problem is gone or still the same?

If it works great!

If not let me know and I will tell you how to fix this and what you will need;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.