Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

When I try to use my left hand oven the gas only ignights to

when I try to use my left hand oven the gas only ignights to a very low flame . Right hand oven ignites as usual. is it something I've done or do I need a call out.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Its not likley you could have caused this problem.

Its probably been some time since this was serviced professionally.

I would say that needs to be done now as the causes are two possibilities.

One the regulator has gone bad, or two the unit needs a professional cleaning.

How old is your oven?

Also is the flame looking blue or more yellowish now?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have no idea of the age of the cooker' as It belonged to the previous owners.
the flame is as blue as the sky on a summers day
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hope this is a one off service as I don't want to subscribe to a monthly service. Can you please confirm when you send your next reply?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
By the way the cooker is nice and clean. Don't think the previous owner cooked much.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Ok thanks for that info.

This sounds like a bad regulator because it should put out enough gas to give a good powerful flame.

The fact that it is blue is a good thing, but also check the vents near the jet to see if the tubes are out of place or blocked by any dust etc. More than likley you just need a new regulator. If you use bottled gas it may be low, or that regulator may be bad .

If not and you use piped in gas, it could be a gas company issue not your responsibility.

But... I think given the description you gave that you have a bad regulator where the gas connects to the oven burner(s).

That part is also called a Thermocouple. Its a safety device inline with the gas flow, it has a regulator attached to it and if that part is failing this is certainly one of the possible issues it could show;-)

I need to let you know that working on Gas appliances if you are not licensed is a felony in your country. Its for safety that law. On this one with this problem I would have this oven serviced especially if you have no experience working on these.

Let me know anyway, if you do have experience I can help you all the way replacing that part, the thermocouple and regulator assembly. The regulators can go bad anytime either with a lot of use or not much, actually if it isn't used often, its likley to fail sooner in this case with this part, its the nature of the beast lol.

In any case please let me know, if you use bottled gas(propane) or natural gas (piped in).

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
natural gas
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** be as simple as a clogged jet on the burner tube assembly. You can check that by unscrewing the jet and cleaning it out with a thin sewing needle.

But I suspect it is a faulty regulator and you shouldn't attempt this repair unless you are very well mechanically inclined and have the tools required to do this successfully and safely.

It wont be muck to have this one serviced because its like a basic tune up, and since it hasn't been done it would give you peace of mind to know its all cleaned out internally and adjusted correctly to provide safe operation;-)

Please remember to rate my service kindly so I can remain with you and help where needed.

No additional cost for that.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is a one off cost of £20 isn't it . I don't want to subscribe to an on going service . as soon as I am given the assurance its only going to be the initial outlay I'll be happy to click
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, yes the site can be a little confusing and you may have clicked to be a member. I will make sure to fix that for you now so you are only charged the one time;-)

I have helped out in this way many times since I have been a tech here for 10 years now lol, JA is very good about fixing these errors;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Also, yes your correct, its actually 18 not 20 ;-)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What's 18 and not 20?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

The cost

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

For the service we provide to you.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.