Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a really noisy Zanussi washing machine. Sounds like

Customer Question

I have a really noisy Zanussi washing machine. Sounds like something is grating. First I thought the bearings might have gone, but the noise was on the dry cycle and the drum actually stopped rotating and the noise was still present. Could the drainage pump impeller be obstructed?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model #?

Also its approximate age?

Yes if you still hear the noise when its draining and the drum isnt moving then it is likley the drain pump that may have something stuck inside, or may just need to be replaced. You would be surprised at the things I find down in there lol

One time a sock! If you can believe that!

You need to remove the hoses from the drain pump and check in there also check for any bad motor coupling that could be making the bad sound ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a ZWT71201WA. I've removed the drain filter to gain access to the impeller and surprise surprise I've found two hair bands wrapped around it. Currently fully testing the machine with a small wash.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

LOL I half expected something like that .

Thats great hopefully it will be fine ;-)

Please rate kindly and I will close this for you , but you will still have 30 days of access to me at no additional cost as well in case you have any problems with your washer ;-)

Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It still appears to make a noise, but only for a couple of minutes. Doesn't seem to be the drain pump as it doesn't make any noise during spin cycle. Any ideas what else it could be?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi this could be a drain pump failing, you can disconnect it temporarily to be sure the sound goes away.

But it could be the motor bearings or a coupler or a loose pulley.

The best way to check this is to carefully run the machine but so you have access and can hear the moving parts to get an idea of the vicinity at least where you hear the abnormal noises.

Please rate my service kindly at this time so I don't lose contact with you until we are SURE we have this problem solved.

There is no additional cost for that ;-)

And it is great that its not the tub bearings! They would be a job to do and pricey as well.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll check out those other things thanks. I'll keep in touch
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

sounds good, I will be here when you need me further;-)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Appears to be the dryer blower/fan which is hideously expensive to replace (well here in the UK)
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

WOW, that is usually not a very expensive part, but on this model its pricey here too;-(

It does a lot for this machine that why they justify the cost even though it really is over inflated.