Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Wow...you know a lot about appliances....so my Siemens

Customer Question

Wow...you know a lot about appliances....so my Siemens KA62DVOOGB ff has ice collecting st the bottom...I sort of know the issue....I was the same last time...a pea blocking the outflow...so it iced up. My issue is o can't get the back off.....I don't think it's frozen on...it looks like it's secured in st the top where the ice maker is....help....!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

This will be a blocked drain hole in the freezer thats causing this fault.

Now the back panel inside the freezer is split into 2 halfs. You need to remove the bottom half so this will come off without messing with the panel behind the ice maker.

Empty the freezer and remove the plastic cover at the back at the bottom (if fitted)

Then remove the screws on the back panel either side.

Then theres a screw in the center of the panel top and bottom.

Remove them as well then you should be able to remove the panel and clear the ice from the drain gutter from there and make sure the drain hole is all clear.

But if you cannot remove the panel then another way to clear this is a total defrost. Turn the appliance off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice to melt in there. But this way you need to either run the food down or find somewere else to keep it.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ours is one whole back panel, with a small curved over st the bottom over the vent. There is a sort of screw hole in the middle of the panel with a cap but no screw inside it.
We csnt do a total defrost without loosing A LOT of food so this isn't viable really.
I remember the engineer using a tiny hose in the top (maybe) and porting down warm/hot water to melt the ice...but I'm not sure if the back was on at this point....and where he poured it...we have three horizontal openings/vents at the top of the back panel (below the ice machine)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've un clipped the curbpved cover over the vent in the bottom in the picture already
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok were the vent is at the bottom at the back thats were the drain hole is.

If you cannot remove the back cover then what you can do is widen the vent slots and use a scrwdriver and chip the ice out from there. Then try and pore boiling water through the vent and keep doing this untill the drain hole is clear.

As once you start melting the ice you will soon see the drain hole.

So thats another way of doing this without removing the complete back panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for that...but I would prefer to be able to remove the back panel. Can you tell me where I have to pull....in what places it is attached at....?Unfortunately the manual does not give any details,on this what so ever which is frustrating. I'm really wishing I had paid better attention to the engineer!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok the service info shows it as 2 halfs but as you say its 1 piece then it shows the sevice info is wrong.

Can you post a picture of the inside of the freezer so i can see the full back panel as the food in the picture covers most of the panel.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else you need to know? If so then just get back to me.

If not then could you please remember to rate the answer and that will close the question.