Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

When using the convention only function as a traditional

When using the convention only function as a traditional oven the microwave shuts down completely after approximately 20mins. Everything goes off including the clock and it can take a good 30mins before it comes back on again. The instruction manual says it be used for up to 60mins as a traditional oven and this was one of the reasons I bought it. Last night I set the timer for 40mins cooking at 200 degrees after approx 20mins the whole unit went dead. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a fault with the unit? It was purchased 04 April 2016. The model number is ***** any help/advice would be much appreciated, thanks Mark
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Its nothing your doing wrong on this. Im afraid its a fault with the appliance itself.

From what you describe the thermal cut out is tripping out. This is usually caused by the cooling fan not running so it overheats in there and the thermal cut out trips out so thats why it turns itself off. Then once its cooled down which can take 20-30 minutes the thermal cut out resets itself and allows you to use it again.

So im afraid it is a fault on the microwave its nothing your doing wrong.

Im sure Samsung only give 12 monthes warrenty on microwaves so may be worth giving them a bell just in case and see what they say as they may do something for you as sometimes they do.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.