George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I've got a hotpoint WDD960 Ultima washer and dryer. It

Hi. I've got a hotpoint WDD960 Ultima washer and dryer. It started to make a scratching noise yesterday and I have opened the filter and retrieved two coins. To make sure there were no more in there I took the black pipe under the drum going to the filter off to clean it. To do this I tilted the machine on it's right side and once cleaned I connected everything again, but once we switched the machine on, it displayed an error message F6 which is the door. We switched off and back on and error message was gone. We switched machine off, but shortly after machine turned on again. We turned it off and now nothing works anymore. No display no nothing. I replaced the fuse in the meantime, but no change. Please help
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that by tilting the appliance to its right hand side you have discharged water that was left in the soap dispenser tray onto the control panel electrics and display panel and from there down the wiring to the door lock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me so quick. How can I get the front panel off. Is it fixable, or have I messed up?

Turn off the power

To take off that front panel you need to remove the lid of the appliance..

There are then two screws (one at each end) to undo...

Remove the tray from the dispenser to undo one or more screws therein..

Reaching inside unclip the plastic clips holding the bottom edge.

The panel is now removable for investigation.

It is likely that the panel has been damaged

Since the door lock was involved you also need to check the other panel to the left as you remove the rear panel.

There is a company that checks/repairs these boards.. A small fee is payable to them for checking the boards, but if found to be damaged, they can repair them or replace them.

--------------------------------------
EMW Electronics
The Barn
Millfield
Forest Road
Oxton
NG25 0TD
Phone#0115-9652-118
--------------------------------------