Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hobart dishwasher has drained but light wont stop flashing.

hobart dishwasher has drained but light wont stop flashing. wont fill again. can i switch off power at wall safely and try again
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # ***** I can help you?

Also how old is your dishwasher and is it a commercial unit?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AMS900-10N 5 years old and commercial unit
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that info.

Can you cut all power to this dishwasher by either unplugging it or switching it off at the mains?

Then wait 15 full minutes and re apply power to the dishwasher, it needs to be DEAD for at least 15 mins, with no power even running to it as these parts stay live even when the unit is OFF. I need it to be dead so we can see if the main control board will reset. If it does Great! But if not, and I suspect this may not help you will need a part. But I wll go into that with you after I have confirmation that you have done this test for me;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I have switched off the main power supply at source and waited 15 mins and turned back on and now it appears to be running again.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Ok thats great, its all set ;-)

Sometimes rarely the main control will Glitch in this manner, and that is the solution!

Please rate kindly so I can close this out for us and have a great weekend.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks I will get an engineer to have a look in the future though.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Youre more than welcome, I wish you all the best with this;-)

Tech Mike ;-)