Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a zanussi zsf6171 and just recently everytime the

Customer Question

I have a zanussi zsf6171 and just recently everytime the water fills up a small amount exits what seems to be an overflow pipe inside the machine which rests on the inside of the bottom of the machine and is not connected to anything. After one or two washes there is enough water in the drip tray to activate the little flood switch where the pump stays on. If I tilt the machine over and empty the water out the machine all works fine until the drip trays fills again. I have the sides off and am not sure what part to replace. Can anyone offer any advice. Thanks Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your dishwasher?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi MichaelAbout 10 years old. It works perfectly except for the bit of water that comes out the over flow pipe. It is probably about 100ml per fill. At the moment, I collected it in a zip lock bag, thats how I know. See attached pic.Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim, thank you for the pic, and the excellent description of the problem.

The reason the water fills in that pipe actually and ends up down where water does not belong is a leak somewhere in the bottom of the dishwasher itself. When water gets in there it activates a flood switch.

Thats why tilting the machine to remove the water makes the machine work once again.

This one is difficult for you to determine so I have to recommend having a technician look at this one so he can tell you exactly where the water leak is coming from and he can repair that for you. This one isn't a do it yourself project Im afraid.

There is a lot you would need to knwo about this machine in order to fix this one. But... An experienced appliance tech can do this easily;-)

So it shouldn't be an expensive repair at all;-)

I wish I had better news for you Tim, I really do but you need to have this one checked professionally.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful SUnday Tim!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi MichaelThere is no like from any of the components in the machine. I have checked. The overflow pipe in the picture which I have indicated is connected to the big plastic water container you can see in the pic (which is a sealed unit) so what I don't understand is why only a little bit comes out. of this now. Does this help?
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim, yes there is an leak detector sensor in the bottom, I know this machine well lol

Been a hand's on tech for over 30 years..

It could be that your drain line is compromised in some way as well, causing this problem. But usually if water ever gets down near the lower electronics that leak detector will stop the machine and let you know by showing an error.

The reason is a leak in almost every case. Unless your drain line is really clogged and is overflowing into the lower electronics bay. That's about it with this one. Every one I serviced, the cause was a leak inside the machine that allowed water to get down into or near the electronics, and when the machines flood sensor(switch) activated, then I knew what needed to be looked at. You can look for the leak while its running but its not easy if you don't have a lot of experience with this. It took me a while to get the hang of this myself lol

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Michael.Last question. The overflow leas is connected to the Water Softner Regeneration Doser and it is leaking form the open pipe connected to this unit. There are definitely no leaks from anywhere else.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
http://shop.zanussi.co.uk/product/1118463114/Dishwasher+Adjustable+Regeneration+Doser
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
See the link I just sent for the part
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tim, yes that would definitely explain this problem and Yes that is the part you need ;-) If you were able to check the until well, then you will have no problem replacing that part ;-)

Im glad you saw that!

And I will still be here for you in case of anything more.

Once you rate my service kindly, You will have 30 days of access to me for free. Until we are SURE that solved the problem;-)

BTW, you can ask me anything anytime, I am here to help ;-)

Thanks Tim.

Tech Michael