carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have just bought a new delonghi esam2800 coffee machine &

Customer Question

I have just bought a new delonghi esam2800 coffee machine & have spent 2 hours trying to get it to work, the heating light doesn't come on when setting up I have followed instructions but it's driving me mad.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I am afraid to say but it could be you have a faulty machine unfortunately new machines can get damaged in transit and sometimes end up faulty.

Did you have any trouble priming the machine?

1. Remove the water tank, fill to the MAX line with fresh water then replace in the appliance (fig. 1).

2. Turn the cappuccino maker outwards and place a container with a minimum capacity of 100 ml underneath (fig. 2).

3. Plug the appliance into the mains socket and place the main switch on the back of the appliance in the I position (fig. 3).

4. Press the button (fig. 4); IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS (WITHIN A MAXIMUM OF 30 SECONDS), turn the steam knob anticlockwise as far as it will go (fig. 5). This is priming the water system. (It is normal for the machine to make some noise).

5. Wait for delivery of hot water to stop automatically. The lights flash to indicate that you must close the steam tap by turning the steam knob to the 0 position. 6. Turn the steam knob to the 0 position. The appliance goes off automatically.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it appears to be working for now, though I do wish I would have pulled out £1500 for a decent one now.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am pleased it is working, please let me know if you need any more help.