Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Neff Induction hob - U symbol keeps on appearing right hand

Neff Induction hob - U symbol keeps on appearing right hand side buttons. Can you tell me why please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Do you have the model number please.

Also do you get a number flash up after the U?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dear *****iel, The model number is ***** No, there is no number following the U symbol, just continuous U flashing on both right hand buttons. All my pans comply with induction hob requirements and anyway, these symbols appear even when there are no pans on the hob at all and I am not using them.
Mary
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for that. U means theres a fault on there but there should also be a number comming up as well.

So you say it shows U on the right hand side does it flash a number on the left hand side?

Also is the left hand side of the hob still working as well?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dear *****iel, In between the U flashes, there is a 1. Does that help? The left hand side is still working properly. Mary
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Thats it thats the full error code.

U1 error code means a problem on the supply voltage of the hob.

What you can try first is turn the electric supply off to the hob and leave it for about 20-30 minutes as this will allow the componments in there to discharge themselves.

Then turn it back on and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this clears it and gets it running again as normal.

But if its the same still then you need to remove the hob from the worktop. Then turn the hob over and there you will see the mains connection were the power cable goes to.

Open this up and check for signs of burning. If you have a multi meter you need to check the volatge there and check there 230v there as well.

But if thats fine and turning it off hasnt reset it and the correct voltage is there then its going to be a faulty power board as to be honest thats all that ever fails on these.

But try turning it off first for about 20 minuites as theres a good chance this could clear it.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks Daniel, really helpful. I shall do as you suggest and, if there is still a problem, I shall get in touch with my electrician who fitted the unit initially.
Very grateful,Mary