Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I had engineer out and he said installation a problem as the

Customer Question

I had engineer out and he said installation a problem as the fan was unable to hold up a sh her of A4 paper when the hise was connected. He suggested carbon filters. The ducting has been replaced with a fixed mounting and when the fan us in you can see the air being extracted. However there is absolutely no extraction through the grills which is what I want. This is even with carbon filters removed. Any ideas?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with you question. Please could you let me know the make and model of your extractor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neff extractor fanD69b21n0gb/ fd 9401
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Is it a new fan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's outside warranty but hardly used as in house which is not occupied. It was the neff engineer who said test of effectiveness was if grill could hold up a sheet of paper. It seems to be recirculating. The ducting has been replaced by the builder who now says need bigger fan which will not fit existing outlet etc.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for all the questions but it helps get a picture of what is going on.

Is the cooker hood connected to ducting the runs outside?

Is there another extractor fan between the hood and the outside world?
Why does the builder think you need a bigger fan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the hood is connected to ducting which runs outside. I think he thinks a bigger fan as no suction through the grills but shouldn't be an issue. You can see outside that extractor outlet is open but not sure why no internal suction. Is there a switch to make it circulate internally. What else could stop it working. Originally hose which has been removed and now hard ducting.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

The re circulation is setup by using filters in the ducting of the cooker hood. What filters do you have installed in the cooker hood. When the fan is turned on and there are no filters in the ducting the fan should extract the air to the outside.

If you can see the vents opening that would suggest it is venting outside correctly. Can you feel any suction at the front of the cooker hood.

Does the fan speed up when you adjust the speed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure I understand the comment about the filters in the ducting of the cooker hood. The Neff carbon filters are fitted to the side of the extractor unit but even without these the grills cannot hold up a sheet of paper (the test applied by the Neff engineer). The reason when he came was that there was a hole in the outlet hose but the hose has been removed and hard ducting has been installed. I really want it to extract properly and not recirculate as do not want the kitchen to get greasy. Are you a Neff engineer as supposedly Neff will not help with installation. I am at my wit's end as it should be a simple matter but something is going wrong. They could even hold up a sheet of toilet paper to the unit.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This question has not been answered.