Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have just bought a 5029. 84. 06-00/5 oven door seal. I saw

I have just bought a 5029. 84. 06-00/5 oven door seal.
I saw the fixing lugs on this and I was able to remove the old one from the oven. I am now having difficulty locating the new one. I "practiced" with the old one, but still no luck in locating where to twist the lugs. Can you advise me please? David Plowman.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

When you say you have trouble locating the new one do you mean trying to fit the seal or finding a new seal online?

Also can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time. I have the new seal, I am having trouble locating the lugs and turning them into the channel on the oven. It's a zanussi part number 5029 84 06- 00/5
Regards David
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Can you post the model number of the appliance please so i know which oven you have.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry Daniel, for not replying sooner I have a lot on my plate at the moment. I will get the model number as soon as I can.
Regards David.
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

No worries David thats fine. Just post it when you can as theres no rush on my side, Im online every day nearly so thats not a problem.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello Daniel it's David, at last I have the model number :- ZCE560DW Zanussi. Do I need to use any lubrication at all? Regards David
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for that.

Looking at this model the door seal is clipped into each corner. If you have the old seal removed then look at each corner and there you will see a slot.

On the seal on each corner you will see a metal tap. This will be pointing upwards.

Start with the top left and insert the metal tab into the slot by pushing the tab in stight and lifting upwards and it will lock into place.

Then strech the seal over to the top right and do the same.

Then strecth it down to the bottom right.

Then again to the bottom left and that will keep the seal in place.

You dont need to use any lubrication on this as its a case of fitting the tabs into each corner and it will stay in place.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Daniel job done! My daughter and her husband came to see us today, they live 5 minutes walk away, and me not being 100% my son-in-law did the job for me.
I'm a retired cabinet maker, I'll be 84 in August. I was involved with restoration work all my life, unfortunately with old age comes arthritis and dodgy joints apart from asthma and bronchitis most of my life.
Thanks once again Daniel and all good wishes David
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Nice one. Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for letting me know.If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.Many thanks.