Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Siemens WT46W566GB/03 condensing heat exchanger

I have a Siemens WT46W566GB/03 condensing heat exchanger tumble dryer. I have a fluf light the continues to come on at the end of a cycle both low heat and normal.
So far I have completely stripped down the appliance hovered out all fluff and replaced the NTC sensor. I have also washed out the heat exchanger unit.
I understand that the fluf light indicates an airflow problem, so to that end I moved the appliance from under the worktop in our UT room to open floor space but still the problem continues. I'm now out of ideas other than replacing all seals, such as door drum and back fan/ drive panel.
Thoughts solutions would be greatly appreciated as we don't want to get rid of what is an excellent machine.
Simon
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Simon , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Dryer?

Also has this acted up intermittently in the beginning? Or when it started happening was it every time you rant the dryer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,From the FD number I estimate its manufacture as 2009 but we purchased it in 2010. I also posted the the WT number for ref.It started intermittently in the beginging but now it's evry time with the odd occasion when it's not a full load.ThanksSimon
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi Simon,

in this case the problem is the main control board to blame for this error.

You could live with the problem as it doesn't really affect the operation other than showing the fluff condition.

Or you can replace the board, which is pretty easy to do and I will help if you choose to do that.

The board requires no soldering, it all plugs in, a lot of plugs so please take a pic or two of the plug placement before removing any wires from that board.

If you need a source for that board I would use this site for price and quality: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to order this board as they will then ship it out the same day to you;-)

Please call ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Laundry Spares » Tumble Dryers » Siemens

I wish I had better news for you, I really do Simon.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Simon!

Sincerely

Tech Michael