Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our Beko ff546apw has and red lights illuminated

Customer Question

Our Beko ff546apw has green and red lights illuminated permanently, with the door closed.
Its been positioned in a garage for approx 2.5 years with no problem.
Regards, James
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi James, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your freezer?

Also is there any heavy frost on the inside rear wall of the freezer?

And is it holding its temp now?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, freezer is as stated, 2.5 yrs old, and has no heavy frost at all. It appears to be holding temp but running continuously
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
have tried to rate your service but stars are greyed out
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Thanks is there any air flow from the vent in the fridge? Please use the back of your hand to check that for me?

you can rate now-)

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, but where is the vent located?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi it should be on the left wall up top in the Fridge section, let me know if you can locate it?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is a standing freezer with a door but no fridge section. please clarify if I'm I'm misunderstanding your interpretation of "fridge".
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi my apologies I was working with another customer with t a similar issue and there screen popped up, I do know you're model is ONLY a freezer.

Yours should blow from the bottom.

Can you hear the fan running in your case?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Micheal, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I cant check 'till later, so I'll have a look and get back to you probably tomorrow. thanks again for your effort, James
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi James, that is fine, the other thing I would do, to to see if it just glitched electronically is defrost the unit for 24 hours with the door open and a towel on the floor in the freezer to catch the frozen water that may leak out.

I will be here all day tomorrow as well;-)

Tech Michael