Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Siemens CD-R 2005 in a Vauxhall corsa. I accidentally

Siemens CD-R 2005 in a Vauxhall corsa. I accidentally connected the natter terminals incorrectly for a few second whilst starting the car from a flat batter after leaving the lights on. Now the radio does not give the code in option. Have I wrecked the radio or blown a fuse somewhere. The radio was switched off at the time
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that, this may be an internal fuse, but its not one you can replace yourself unless you have electronics knowledge and can read schematics. Its also possible you have a couple of bad diodes as they install them to prevent further damage in this radio.

Its also possible there was no damage to the radios components at all and your cars fuse for that line is in need of replacement.

Have you tried testing the wires for power with a test light or a meter?

If you have power there now, then you will need to bring your radio to shop local to you for testing and repair, if needed.

The radio is certainly worth the cost of repair. Also let me ask is this radio new?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Would check fuse if I knew which was the relevant one. I can read circuit diagrams. Is the fuse obvious. The car is 12 years old so the radio is getting on a bit!!!
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi first of all you need a test light or a meter to make sure your fuse in the car that supplies power to the radios power leads there are two of them, one is live all the time(memory) the other switched with the key;-)

Let me first know if you have power there, at the radios connections in the car?

Also, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Michael I am at work now til about five. I will do the rating of course. Will find the fuse and check it then. Where do I do the rating
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi the rating is done ;-)

I will be here when you need me;-)

have a great day.

Tech Michael