Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Oven cooling fan keeps running for hours after oven has been

Customer Question

oven cooling fan keeps running for hours after oven has been switched off, can only be switched off by switching of mains supply
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Howl old is you Oven?

Also may I have tge Full molde # so I can help you effectively?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bosch built in oven model no HBN13M260B, HBB-AP63-7, FD8709,
These are all the numbers I have
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi and thank you for that information.

It could be the main board that has the problem but in almost every instance when this happens the thermal element is to blame, it is a cheap easy to replace part and I will help you all the way if you are handy and have some basic hand tools;-)

It turns the fan on when it thinks the temp is still high, and shuts it off when it has cooled.

It has only two wire clips to press on and pull off so no soldering is required ;-)

The best place to get that part (the fan thermal cut off) is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

I would call them to order this part as they will ship that to you the same day you call.

Please call espares: 0844 9777 888

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help Michael, been in touch with e-spares they are describing the (thermal cut off) as the (thermal cut out) is this the same? Also where will I find this located inside the oven? many thanks for your on-going help. regards John ***********
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi John, yes thats the same part just a different terminology;-)

I will be here when you have the part lets hope it solves the issue and its not the main board which of course is a more expensive;-)

Thank you and have a great day.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi MichaelJust received the right part for my oven, they sent the wrong part initially, since ordering the part the problem with the oven seems to have resolved itself, so I will now wait to see when it happens again. In the meantime it would be helpful to have the approximate location of the part within the oven identified, is that possible?Yours Sincerely John
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi John, it may have simply had a power glitch on the main control board but I doubt that.

More likley a loose connection at the board. But hold onto that part for, you may need it one day ;-)

This part is is above the ovens main cavity and accessible by removing the top.

But I would wait and see if it act up again because these boards will do this from time to time.

Have a nice weekend John.

Tech Michael