Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have the bosch dishwasher Model Number SMS69L22GB It has

Customer Question

Hi George,
I have the bosch dishwasher Model Number SMS69L22GB
It has developed a leak, which appears to be coming from the lower right hand corner facing the front. Is it possible to remove the side panel and put dishwasher in operation to try and pin point where the water is leaking from. Also can i tilt the dishwasher over to view the underside?Kind regardsJustin
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hello Justin, George didn't pick this one up for some reason but I can help you if you like?

Is the leak coming from the door seal or the bottom underneath the dishwasher?

Also how old is your dishwasher?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael,
It is hard to tell, but it is kind of dripping from the lower right hand corner of the white panel below the door.
The dishwasher is about 3 years old.Thanks
Justin
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Justin, yes that would be the front door seal that is leaking.

That seal will need to be replaced unfortunately. Its pretty easy to do and the new one will come with directions.

Of course I will stick with you and help you do this so it all goes smoothly.

The best place to order that new door seal is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

I would call them to order the new door seal, also mention to them that you would like a tube of the sealant for this seal;-)

Their phone # *****: 0844 9777 888.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you Justin;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael,
I am reluctant to order a seal and I am amazed that you are certain that it is the seal. Is there a way that I can further inspect this to be sure?Kind regardsJustin
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Justin, the reason I suspect the seal so strongly is two fold.

One I have been an appliance tech for over 30 years hands on everyday lol

And second its leaking above the floor not under the unit for what you told me.

What you can do to verify this, is using a good bright flashlight, aimed at the corner where you see water on lower part of the door, while its running look for the water dripping;-)

Im pretty sure that you will be able to see it there.

Unless you suspect the water is coming from under the unit as that is the only place it would leak if its not just coming out from under the dishwasher.

Tech Michael

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.

Hello Justin, it's George,

I am sorry I was away from the office on some rather urgent repairs and was out of broadband reach so did not get your message.

Yes, you can remove the front under-door base cover and the right hand side panel whilst still operating the appliance. Just ensure the appliance is switched off whilst you dismantle.

Let me know what you find

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gentlemen
Please find attached some images of my findings and confirm if you still feel that this is a seal issue?
Look forward to hearing from you.Kind regardsJustin
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Good morning, Yes I suspect the door seal for sure. There really is no place else that water would appear that high on the unit if it weren't coming from a leaky door seal.

If the leak were down below that point, I would say its a good idea to check other components such as the sump or seals below the machine.

But in this case its a bad door seal.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael, Really appreciate your speedy response. I have been on the espares website which has raised a few other uncertainties, would this be the upper or lower door seal. Also my particular model does not appear in the drop down menu.
I do apologies for being so particular, but I live out in the middle of the South Atlantic on an island called Ascension, 4000 miles from the UK. So I must be sure I have the correct part before ordering it, as it has a long way to come.RegardsJustin
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, just Justin, I would suspect the lower seal in this case, but to be sure, I would replace both. If you dont want to do them both, then run it till it starts leaking, and then carefully open the door to be sure water isn't dripping on the outside of the seal, from a higher place.

Usually these seals develop leaks at the bottom anyway.

Please rate my service kindly so I can stick with you.

Thanks Justin.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael,
Having a tough time finding this specific model on the espares website. Would you know if the seals are standard?
Cannot even get to call anyone via the supplied numbers.RegardsJustin
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Justin you really need to CALL espares have you done that?

Yes they are standard.

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

As I mentioned to you, they do not list all their parts on their site.

Please call: l 0844 9777 888.

Please rate now so I can remain with you .

Mike

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 7 months ago.

Hello Justin,

I would have given you a different answer to your question of whether it is the seal or not.. and then requested another photograph.

Nevertheless, I see that you have given Michael the rating that he has asked for on this question, so I shall leave it with you and him since if he has the expertise to offer you that diagnosis he should now also be able to give you that part number and ultimately take responsibility if it doesn't correct the problem.

I will leave you two to get on with your attempt to get the parts Michael has told you that you need...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wow!
I had no idea that this is how it works?? I am happy to give you a 5 star rating in a heartbeat, if my issue is resolved without me having to spend out on the wrong seal!
I do apologise if I have approached this all wrong!!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Justin

Justin, can you post me closer image of image 2, 3, and 4. and if you can, very close up images of 3, and 4.