Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My beko ap 390 x the fridge side is not cooling down Freezer

Hi my beko ap 390 x the fridge side is not cooling down
Freezer works ok but not the fridge
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

is there any excess frost on the rear wall inside the freezer section?

Also when you open the fridge door, and place your hand near the air vent can you feel any air flowing into the fridge section?

And one final question, does the fan in the freezer section run when the door is closed or the door switch is depressed?

Please naswer all of this as best you can so I can help you solve this problem quickly and easily.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi yes there is frost in the bottom of the freezer section
Not on the rear wall though
I cant feel any air coming from the vent
And when you open the door the fan stops then when you close it it starts up again
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that.

This one may have a either a bad door seal or a defrost component that needs to be check and replaced.

Please inspect the door seal all the way around and let me know if it looks like it seals everywhere especially the bottom.

Also you will need to defrost the unit for 24 hour with the door open and place a towel on the floor in the fridge and one int freezer as well to catch any excess water that will drip down.

once thats done, you can plug the unit back in and let it come up to temp for 12 hours with he doors shut, let me know what happens. I need to know if the fridge now cools normally as it may very well work ok for now. But keep an eye on it for about two weeks, and if the condition returns then and it will take about two weeks for that to happen if the there is a defrost component issue , and I will help you tst and determine the bad part and help you replace that if needed.

Sometimes all lit will need is a good defrost in the way to solve the issue but sometimes the defrost cycle isnt working correctly and we will know for sure by then;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi yes have now taken unit outside and opened the doors there is alot of frost build up inthe bottom drawer of the freezer infact the drawer is completley stuck fast
I have checked the seal and looks okThanks for now ill message you when ive got it back up and running
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Sounds Great I will be here for you;-)