Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My built in new world g70m with gyro flo oven and sola grill

Customer Question

my built in new world g70m with gyro flo oven and sola grill intermitantly cuts out whilst in use and I need to unplug them and wait a few minutes to retry them a few times before the come back on. any ideas to the cause and solution. thanks Kenny
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Can you post the full product number please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and is usually a long number. Can you see this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
model no.###-##-####serial no. 50712958
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for that.

When you set the oven going do you feel cool air comming out from between the top of the door and the control panel?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Ok if thats happening then the cooling fan is running. As what can happen on these ovens is the cooling fan fails so it basically over heats on the controls and cuts out as the cooling fan isnt blowing cool air on the controls. So as you say there is air there then the cooling fan is working.

In this case its either the thermal cut out at the back at fault or the control unit on the front. If you are checking this yourself then you need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

From there locate the thermal cut out. Its about the size of a 10p and has 2 wires on it. Check the wiring on there and check for burnt wires and burning on the thermal cut out.

But if the thermal cut out is fine then its more then likely the control unit at the top at fault. As this is a circuit board and this can cause the problems you are having now.

So check the above and see what you find if you can as for the fault you have its either the thermal cut out or the control unit thats causing this fault.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
how do access the control unit at the top
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Once you have the oven out just remove the top panel. Its located behind there.