Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Filament stop working

filament stop working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add the light inside the fridge stopped working 18 months ago.
The power cuts out now intermittently - the filament light inside the fridge turns off. I fiddle with the thermometer and switch and sometimes turns on, however after doing this for around 1 month it now won't come back on
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** is the appliance working correctly just the light intermittent Allan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian, the fridge stops working after a few days. I have to then manually play with the internal light switch and thermometer inside the fridge to get it working again
Alan

OK the power feed for these goes through the thermostat, if the thermostat goes faulty then you can also lose the feed to the light fitting. If you can give me your PNC number I can give you the part number for the replacement part you need. PNC is a 9 or 11 number code on the rating label inside the unit on the side or behind the salad draw.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok , see attached for the info. Just to clarify you're saying it's likely the thermostat is the issue here, not the light switch. Is it relevant that the actual fridge light stopped working 18 months ago (I bought the replacement bulb but couldn't work out how to remove the plastic cover- very tricky)

Power is feet from the supply to the thermostat, a side feed then supplies power to the interior lamp via the door switch. The main feed however goes through the thermostat and on to the compressor (motor). If you have no compressor feed then you have a faulty thermostat. The part number for the thermostat is(###) ###-#### The housing is removed by taking out the lamp (bulb) and there is a retaining screw which you must undo and also checking behind the thermostat knob to check there isnt one there too (usually not) you then gently push the housing backwards and it should lift out.

Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions (if needed) are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a nice day - Ian