Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

K5930D0 fridge-freezer is dispensing water containing black

K5930D0 fridge-freezer is dispensing water containing black (fungus?)material. New filter han't stopped this. What to do next?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi good morning,

I would have a technician come out to fix this one because this is an unhealthy situation and there is now a line blockage and that is bacteria that you dont want to drink.

He will need to remove the water filter receptical and blow the lines out with compressed air to clear the blockage then he will use a special solution to clean the lines thoroughly so the mold is gone.

Its a fairly big job to do this as the solenoids(electrically operated valves) also need to be removed and cleaned.

If you feel up to this task I will help you do this all.

Please let me know on that?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael