Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I'm having a problem with my Whirlpool tumble dryer -

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Whirlpool tumble dryer - AZA9791. The bottom filter error led is flashing and I cannot clear it. I have cleared the filters and the grill across the entry point to the heat exchanger, cleared out as much of the ducting as possible, tried the reset code (6 o'clock, start three times, seven o'clock, start three times) but cant seem to clear it. I'm suspecting a sensor issue but can't work out which sensor or where it is located. thanks, Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

It is likely the sensor but it could also be the main board.

How old is your Dryer?

Also will run normally while this error is displayed?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael,The dryer is just over 18 months old.The dryer will not run in the current condition.Thanks, Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Tim,

the sensor is in the the lower filter tray in the back.

You need to check there that sensor will fail after a while due to humidity taking its toll.

The best place to get the new sensor is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to order the part and once you have it, you can find the old sensor because you will ow what it looks like;-)

Also I will help you replace that one once you have it

Please call ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Laundry Spares » Tumble Dryers » Whirlpool

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Tim!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael,
No joy with ransom - they could not identify the part from the model number - something to do with poor diagrams at their end. Went to manufacturers website and via online chat got a link to a part but none in stock so with part number went to "spares4appliances" and got one ordered - should be here tomorrow. Will rate and be in touch when part arrives.Thanks, Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hey thats how it is sometimes, but yes I will be here all day tomorrow when you get the part ;-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, Being messed around by part supplier - part will not be here until middle next week. Would it be worth stripping the old one out in preparation?
Cheers, Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Tim,

I would wait until the new part comes in, for one reason.

If you were to take it all apart now, you may forget where things go, if you aren't worried about that then you can do this now;-)

I would wait also no chance of losing anything ;-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, Part has arrived - how do we do this?. Cheers, Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Tim I will be here most of the day let me know when you are available.

Also I will see if there may be a diagram

Cheers

Tech Michael.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, I am available most of the day (start night shift later) - a diagram would be useful. Cheers, Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Got ya I'll see what I can find.

Mike

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, Forget the last request - located part and replaced. Just rebuilding and retrying. Cheers, Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hey Tim, Let me knwo how it goes. ok?

TY

Mike

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, No joy - but I ma not so sure that I've tried the right sensor. the one I had sits at the base of the door, just inside facing the drum. It is a piece of stainless steel, curved to fit the radius of the drum and has one connection on a single blue wire that goes straight to the control board? I have had a further look and the only sensor type object in the general area of the bottom tray is a black cylinder, about 6mm in diameter and about 30mm long that is clipped into a hole that sits behind and between the access hatch for the fan and the motor on the right hand side when facing the machine. The sensor has two black wires coming from and it reads "open" across the contacts. I will try to add some pictures to this message. The trip still shows with the sensor out of the housing so I'm guessing it isn't just fluffed up but as I don't know what sort of change it experiences when in fault mode I can't take it any further. Cheers, Tim
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, I am not happy with the answer you provided and with your lack of response when the problem was not resolved. Thus far you have failed to identify the issue or even determine a specific problem. I had to identify and source the part that you suggested may be the problem. Can we resolve this issue or do I need to pursue a refund? Thanks, Tim
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Tim, Im sorry I had to be away yesterday.

You did replace the correct part. However the fact that that didn't fix the issue means the main control board is at fault here and that will also need to be replaced. Most of the time it is the sensor, bot sometimes it is the main board.you can get that also from ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####

When you call them ask then to be sure it comes with a preprogrammed PROM.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike - went to order the part but the only board with a pre-programmed PROM is the"Whirlpool Module E8" which is the display module with the buttons on. Just checking that that is the right board as it does not carry any sensor inputs? Cheers, Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Tim, YES thats what you need ;-)

I would call the parts supplier to make sure they send you the correct board .

Cheers

Tech Mike ;-)