Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens K128L refrigerator. Recently the shelves

Good evening,
I have a Siemens K128L refrigerator. Recently the shelves have started getting very wet, particularly on the underside. I've made sure that nothing is touching the back plate. I've also found thick deposits of frozen water foam between the shelves and the back plate.
Can you help please?
Colin Skelton ***@******.***
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Is it happening on all the shelves?

Also how old is it and how long has it been installed for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It happens on all the shelves. The refrigerator was installed new in November 2007.
Colin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello are you still there? Where should I look for a response please?

Ok thats fine.

If the shelves are collecting water and theres nothing touching the back wall inside the fridge then its possibley either the thermostat is faulty ie getting to cold in there as this can cause condensation to form on the glass or the door isnt sealing with warm air entering the fridge and again condensation forming on the glass shelves.

So first check the door seal and check the door is closing ok and theres no gaps in the seal. This can be hard on a built in appliance as depending on were its installed you may not be able to see the seal when the door is closed.

But if the door is closing ok and the seal is fine then its possibley the control thermostat at fault getting to too cold in there. Now this is a control board rather then a thermostat so for this the control board will need to be replaced and hopefully that should sort it out and stopp thick pieces of ice forming on the back wall and the shelves getting condensation forming on it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thanks for that. I've examined the door seals and they look good, but maybe they are getting hard. The temperature light number 5 flashes when the frig. is cooling down but is steady when it reaches 5 degrees, so I think the thermostat is working ok.

Do you have a thermonitor you can place in there to see what the correct temperure is?

As something is causing the condensation to form in there so as the door and seal are fine, theres nothing touching the back wall then its usually getting to cold in there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thanks. I'll re-examine the door seal and use a thermometer to check the temperature.

No worries, Just let me know what you find.

As the thermostat can be switcing on and off but it could be doing it at the wrong temperture instead.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. Goodbye.

Your welcome,

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.