Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have inherited a Flavel Aspen 100 range cooker with my new

I have inherited a Flavel Aspen 100 range cooker with my new house. The fan oven (bottom left) has a door with two pieces of glass. The door doesn't have a seal on the top so there is dust and dirt between the two. Is this correct or has the seal been removed?
I have tried to remove the glass by using a screwdriver to turn fixings on left and right of the glass, but they don't want to move and I don't want to tear the screw.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the full model number of the sticker thats on the inside of one of the doors please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's model no AP10FRKP ans serial no(###) ###-####
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

Now as to the top of the door belive it or not thats how these are. Stupid design i know buts how they make these.

As to the inner door glass this is held on by the 2 screws you see.

They will just unscrew as normal screws. But sometimes they can go tight as grease builds up on the screws over time and causes it to go stiff.

So just use a decent screwdriver and you should be able to undo it from there.

A little trick if you cannot do it is heat the screws up with a hairdryer as the heat can melt the grease and it makes it a bit easyer to turn.

Once you have the screws loose just hold the glass as you will find it will fall once the screws are loose as its only them screws that hold the glass on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks we've got the glass out now.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Nice one, Glad to hear you got at it.

Please can you remember to rate the answer that would be great.