Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The red light comes on and we think the pump needs cleaning.

Customer Question

The red light comes on and we think the pump needs cleaning. We have got the pump cover off and there is a blue cover behind it. How do we get to the pump?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you send me the make and model of your appliance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zanussi washing machine. ZWF 14070
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know the answer to my question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am please bear with me

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Could you let me know what red light is on and also is the machine full of water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The start/pause button (number 5 in the manual) has gone red instead of green. No, the machine is empty.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Did the machine drain ok last time you used it?

To access the pump the blue cover should unscrew anticlockwise if it is jammed don't force it as it may break. If it will not unscrew try turning it forwards and back a coin may be stopping it from coming out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'll try this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to turn it but it seems to be stuck. Any suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

It could be jammed by a coin or something. The only other way to check it is to turn the washing machine onto its side so you can get to the bottom and then remove the pipework off the pump and check the pump that way

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

The pipe work to the pump is held on by some form of clip like a jubilee clip once this clip is removed the pipe will pull off I would check all pipe work for coins. Last week i attended a callout to a machine that was not working and it was caused by a 2p that had blocked the pressure switch pipe.