Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My washing machine will start a wash then just stop and I

Customer Question

Hi my washing machine will start a wash then just stop and I have to turn machine off and on again. Sometimes it will just click all through the programme until the end. Is this due to the programmer and if so is it easy to change. Also if it can be changed where would I be able to purchase one from. My washing machine is an integrated whirlpool AWM029 and is over 10 years old. Thanks in advance
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tina,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. It could be the machine programmer that has failed or it could be another item in the washer that is causing the problem. When the machine washes does it do everything it should do.

Unfortunately the programmer is no longer available as a spare part so if it is the programmer that is faulty you wont be able to get a new one. There is the possibility that there are second hand one available on ebay but you would have no real gaurantee that it works.