Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Have a problem with our Neff Fridge freezer K399OX6 GB/06

Have a problem with our Neff Fridge freezer K399OX6 GB/06 FD8811 There seems to be a continual drip from the water dispenser, the freezer is not freezing and the fan isn't turning in the ice making unit- help!
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

Did all of these issues happen at one time?

Also were there any power outages or storms in your area just prior to these issues?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have just moved into a new house at the weekend so i'm unfamiliar with anything that previously happened unfortunately.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. DId you buy this home or is it a rental?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We bought this home, thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it has been fitted with all Neff appliances that a probably not that old
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

This problem is more than one issue.

First you will need a new water solenoid at the door to stop the water from leaking, the seal in the solenoid likely dried up from sitting for a while not used.

As for the freezer? Is it getting cold at all?

And the Fridge? Tell me if its getting cold , not likley because all the cold this untit makes for the freezer and the fridge is produced in the freezer.

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Also will the fan in the freezer run?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the fridge seems to be working fine.The freezer is getting cold but not cold enough to freeze anything (i have had an ice tray in since this morning and its no where near frozen but it is cold)
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** be either the main control board in the back of the unit, or the thermistor or low on freon.

Considering all these issues, I would have an appliance technician look at this one.

The reason is you cant buy freon, only the techs can by law, and if its low on freon, then there is a leak and thats expensive to repair;-(

I would hate for you to replace the main board only to find that the unit is low on freon gas.

In this case you could easily fix the leaking door dispenser and the ice auger in the ice bin those parts are readily available and I will work with you on that if you would like?

But really is seems this fridge may have seen better days. There is so many things that aren't working correctly and I know this will cast a lot by time you fix them all. I would really thing best to just have a tech look at this and see what the would charge to repair it all, likley they will say the same thing I said unfortunately .

It would really be better to replace this fridge, and I feel for you and wish I had a better answer, but if you want to work on this one I will be here for you until its all fixed. I can also let you know the best place to get all the parts you will need.

Please let me know what you would like to do?

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thank you very much for your help.I would be really surprised if it needs replacing as i think its only a couple years old.Will get a technician out to see it.Many thanks,Regards,Jenny
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Jenny, it may be just a bad main board but even that is expensive, close to $200.00.

The solenoid is only about $35.00, both of those parts are easily installed.

But we dont know if your low on gas or the board is to blame and there is no way to know with out expensive gauges and experience eon fridge repair.

I would at least have this one looked at by a pro, he can tell you exactly why its not cooling as it should.

Once he does, you can come back to me if you like and I will help you replace whats bad provided its not low on freon;-)

Thanks Jenny, I sure wish I had a better answer for you, and I have been a hands on AC and fridge tech fro over 30 years.

So I am sure of this.

Please remember to rate my service to you once you do, you will have access to me for 30 days in case you want to go further or talk about this more in depth.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Michael, you have been very helpful.thanks Jenny
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Jenny your are more than welcome ;-)

I wish you the very best of luck with this one, it seems it may have sat unused for a long time;-(

Tech Michael