Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch Dishwasher, but cannot find the model number

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Dishwasher, but cannot find the model number on any of the literature!.
The problem is :
The programme does not finish and the program progress indicator light does not go out-it stops at "1".
The washing is not done.
I have removed the Torx 120 screw in order to get at the waste water pump, but the underlying cover does not come out-the "1" and "2" arrows in the illustration are worse than useless. They are meaning less because there is no written explanation.
How can I get at the waste water pump in order to check the fan impellor for foreign bodies ?
The water supply "IN" is on and perhaps the problem is that the waste water cannot drain.
What do you think I should do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

The model number is ***** into the door frame at the top on the left hand side as you open the door and starts E-nr. Can you post this please.

Also has it stopped full of water?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model number is:- E-nr SGS 56 E 12GB/01Yes. IT did stop full of water in the bottom
of the machine.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for that.

How far have you got on this?

As with this being a freestanding dishwasher you need to remove the top panel, Outer door panel, both left and right hand side panels, Then you can remove the white plastic cover below the door. Then once thats removed you need to remove the metal cover below the door just above the plastic base tray.

Once all thats off you need to scoop out all the water inside the dishwasher.

Then look under the dishwasher on the far left you will see a hose. This is a push fit hose so just pull it out from both ends.

Then from there you will see the pump. Its a twist fit pump so release the tab that you will see then you can twist the pump off to clear what ever is in there.

Now on these sometimes you miss it as when you remove the pump the water washes out what ever was in there so sometimes you miss what was blocking it up.

So try the above as its a bit of a strip down on these to get at the pump as the front, top and both side panels need to be removed to access the pump.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your suggestions. This appears to involve virtually dismantling the machine, which is beyond my capabilities. We will get a technician to sort it out
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

It does im afraid. Believe it or not the built in appliances are easyer to work on then these. Its that plastic trim on the front at the bottom thats the problem as you need to remove all the panels just to get that off.

Hopefully a technican will get this sorted for you.