Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The fridge part of my fridge freezer is iced up and doesn't

Customer Question

The fridge part of my fridge freezer is iced up and doesn't seem to be keeping temperature even though the display shows 3 degrees
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you kindly let me have the model number of you appliance please - likely starting with RS............

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RSH1EDBMH........I thought I gave this in the original question......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a samsung upright side by side american style fridge freezer............the freezer part is working fine

OK do you want to do this job yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you let me know you're solution soonest as I have the contents of the fridge out at the moment.........

The problem is that the fridge fan has frozen up and is not circulating air within the fridge cavity. To carry out the repair you need to remove the back covers (behind the shelves and remove all the ice. This has to be done without breaking any of the plastic or polystyrene and is best achieved by using a steamer or wallpaper stripper. It will take about an hour to do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done thanks......

Good you now need to switch the appliance off - leave it off for about ten seconds and then back on and that will reset the temperatures in the display module and the reading should be corrected. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, thank you for using JA and have a good evening.