KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Hoover tumble dryer ---Infinity DYC8938. It looks

Customer Question

Hi I have a Hoover tumble dryer ---Infinity DYC8938.
It looks as if it is working but an E14 comes up . Still going and the clothes are warm after half an hour but not dry . What is the matter please ? And how to get it working properly . Many thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... E14 error code indicates Rear NTC detected faulty ... you will have to check rear NTC/thermistor...check the connections and wiring from the NTC ... if the NTC appears fine then test the heater... in case both test ok you will have to replace the PCB... if it is the NTC the cost of repair is around £60

________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi what is NTC and PCB and where are they so I can test it ...help!

NTC (thermistor) is located near the heater ... with the dryer unplugged, you will have to remove the back panel and gain access to the heater... after this disconnect it and remove all the wires from the heater and NTC... now test them with a multimeter for continuity... no continuity means bad heater and you will have to replace it ... it is more likely that NTC has failed not the PCB