Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Fridgemaster freezer wont freeze but all lights are all

Fridgemaster freezer wont freeze but all lights are all working.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

Is there any cold being generated in the freezer?

If there is a fan on your freezer, does the fan in the freezer work?

Also may I have the Full model # of your Freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Slightly chilled and can hear a fan going
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model MTZ55176FF
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Thank you for that info, is there any heavy frost on the insider rear wall or anywhere in the freezer?

And how old is your freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No frost and 2yrs 10 mths
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

can you tell if the compressor in the back is running?

I need you to check that for me and feel the top of it, to let me knwo if it is warm or cool as well.

You will need to open the lower panel behind the freezer for this.

The compressor is a black ball shaped part you cant miss it;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cant see any panel to remove but the compresser is hot to touch
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that, yours may be open.

that is ok.

Feel the lines one should be cold the other hot, let me know what you find with that.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
felt the copper lines each side, one hot the other not.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thanks,

That means there is a problem in the lines. More than likely a clog in the line.

Its a really bad thing to happen and unfurtunatley not worth repairing due to the high cost of this one Im afraid.

You can verify this by removing the cover over the cooling coils inside the freezer. You will likley see frost on some coils and not on others. That is the telltale sign of this condition.

Let me know what you find.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do.

But let me know how the coils look.

If they are all evenly frosted but not icy then there is a leak of Freon somewhere in the system, in that case you can have a tech find the leak and fix it, then fill the system with Freon.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is a thin copper wire coming in from the right attached to a pipe/coil, this is covered in ice, everything else is frost free????
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi is that thin line connected to an oblong copper part?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Looks like the thin copper wire goes into a black 2" rubber looking section, followed by the thickly iced tube
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Ok, its possible that the dryer is clogged and in need of replacement. That would be a good thing because that part is cheap;-) And easy for someone who has experience sweating copper lines. That would make this worth the cost to repair your freezer. But still you need a tech for this as you can not buy Freon, only licensed techs have access to that.

In this case, I would have a tech come out to check this one.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. Any recommendations for a tech in Fishponds, Bristol??
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I dont know of any in that area, you can google refrigeration repair or Appliance repair near Fishponds or Bristol, that should yield good companies for such a task.

Wish I knew of a guy I trust there ;-(

Anyway, please rate my service kindly , once you do you will still have access to me for 30 days no additional cost;-)

And please keep me informed.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thank you !!!!

;-)