Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG Santo 72398-6 KA Fridge. Water is regularly

Customer Question

I have an AEG Santo 72398-6 KA Fridge. Water is regularly running out of the bottom of the fridge. I have checked the outlet on the back wall with the special green tool and it is not blocked. The fridge is operating satisfactorily otherwise.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

Is there water leaking onto the floor?

Also how old is your fridge?

And is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the Freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water comes from inside the fridge and onto the floor. The fridge is exactly 7 yrs old. There is no frost at all in the fridge.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for that info,

Please check your door seals all the way around to make sure they are still making a good seal especial the bottom.

If that is all ok, then you need to defrost this one with the doors open for 24 hours. Make sure to put a towel on the floor inside both the fridge and the freezer sections and on the floor as well to catch any excess water.

Its likely there is ice build up in the drain line so the water is overflowing when the fridge goes into automatic defrost as it does every day or so;-)

That is about all there is to this one.If for any reason the water begins to leak after a few weeks, please recontact me, but I believe that will cure your issue.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have finished with the question thanks.