Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I need to replace the water feed tube that runs up thru the

Hi - I need to replace the water feed tube that runs up thru the door hinge - its split right at the pass thru point.
I cant see how to get into the door skin to put out the old/ pull in the new tube. can you point me toward a diagram or parts source ?
MARC ( UK)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Neff K3990XGB is the mod.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Can you double check the model number please as that number isnt coming up.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Neff K3990x6GB/04
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thats definitely right now - sorry - missed a digit
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

Click here for the exploded diagram of the appliance and you can see the freezer door parts on section 2.

You need to remove the section metal skin of the freezer door to get at the workings behind there.

But now for the bad news as you will see the hose isnt sold on its own. It comes as part of the freezer door itself which is a very expensive part as you will see. They dont seem to sell the hose on its own so im guessing the hose is foamed into the door panel. As other makes and model you can replace just that hose but as you can see from the parts diagram on this model it comes as a complete freezer door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's not great.
Tubing and pipework I can join and or extend with materials I have - but getting to the section above the hinge is where i need to access. If it's not simple I feel an insurance claim to cover it maybe !
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Try and remove the top hinge on the freezer door door and then you should be able to lift the door off the bottom hinge and then see if you can try and repair it.

Other then that im afraid it is an insurance job or get a warrenty from the likes of Domestic and General and wait a few weeks then ring up and make a claim. As if you tell them its faulty from the start its more expensive so get a working plan and wait a few weeks then claim. We see it a lot as theres nothing they can say so they just repair it. Cheecky i know but it does work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will do
Thank you for your help
Where is my best sources for pattern parts?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Depending what pattern parts you are after. As they only make common parts. Things like doors and major parts you will be best getting direct from Neff themsleves as it will be cheaper then the online sites. As if you order from an online site they just order them from Neff and add a bit more money on top so if you go direct its cheaper.

As to a site for pattern spares this is the best site click here

But as i said they only make certain common spare parts they dont make doors or anything like that.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else you need to know? If so then just get back to me.

If not then could you please remember to rate the answer and that will close the question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all I need is the time to do it! I anticipate it will be a mare tho!