Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG L69490FL washing machine only a few weeks old

Customer Question

I have an AEG L69490FL washing machine only a few weeks old and it's stopped 1 minute into a cycle. The cycle is usually 1.58 but showing 1.57. Non of the buttons will work and as it is digital I can't move it onto the next programme or end the programme. There is water in the drum but the washing machine and the lock for the door is not showing as been on. The door opens and when I close it the door is not loose and stays shut but the door lock is not lighting up on the digital panel. All the buttons have frozen and no matter what I do it defaults back to 1.57 on the cycle ..... I read the manual and tried pressing the programme and temperature button for 4 seconds at the same time and nothing happens. I've held down the on/off button also and it tries to reset itself and then goes straight back to 1.57 in the cycle and does nothing. I have even switched it off at the wall and nothing. Any aides would be greatly appreciated!!! ūüėÄ
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

Please unplug your machine for 1 full hour.Then plug it back in.

If this solves the issue, Great! In either case whether it works or not, please let me know.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fabulous I will go and give that a try now and get back to after an hour..... Hope it works! Speak soon ��
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi did that work?

Please let me know;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Michael, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I wonder if leaving it unplugged overnight may work???
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Unfortunately tour new washer has a defective main control board ;-(

But your machine is fully guaranteed for up to two years ;-)

Since it is so new, all you need to do is contact the store of purchase for a free replacement;-)

I really wouldn't want a repair since it is so new, but thats up to you, as they will offer that as well.

Just tell them you want a new washer ;-)

Please rate my service to you kindly at this time so we dont lose each other in case you need me further on this issue, also I cant close this for us until you rate.

Once you do rate, you will have access to me for 30 full days, no additional cost for this;-)

Thank you and have a wondeful Sunday!

Tech Michael