KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Neff dishwasher started tripping circuit switch. Lights come

Customer Question

Neff dishwasher started tripping circuit switch. Lights come on but trip happens when we close the door to start any cycle. Checked and replaced fuses and even the socket/switch plate. Not sure what has suddenly gone wrong.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem can be either bad motor or bad heater element... how old is your dishwasher and after how many seconds/minutes does it trip ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, the dishwasher came with the house and we have been in it a year. I reckon it could be anything from 5 to 10yrs. The light comes on but the trip happens as soon as we close the door to start any cycle (hot or cold)

Less likely it is the door interlock causing this ... usually this happens due to bad heating element but then it sometimes work during the cold wash only cycle ... if its the heater the cost of repair will be around £120 however, if its motor the cost of repair is around £250 ... in case of motor better to buy a new one then to spend so much on motor

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thanks Kevin. Tried the rinse option and shut the door but it still immediately tripped. I may as well wash up manually till I pay £5 or £600 for a new one. It had a weeks rest (from heavy daily use) dunno if that has persuaded the machine to pack up.

You can try to clean the drain pump but dont think that will make any difference

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cheers ***** ***** have finished/rated the question