Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our Samsung RR28 Larder fridge is not getting cool enough.

Customer Question

Our Samsung RR28 Larder fridge is not getting cool enough. The digital display shows 6 degrees when set to 1 degree and the check deep freeze thermometer records 10 degrees on middle shelf. What can we do to get the fridge cooler it has been OK since new 5 years ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

Is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer section?

Also how old is your fridge?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no Freezer section this model is the fridge only. purchased in June 2011
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks I see that now.

First, unplug your fridge when you have time.

On this model you will need to defrost it for 24 hours with the door open. Make sure to put down a towel on the floor inside the fridge to catch any excess water.

Then you can plug your fridge back in and see if the temp drops as it should then to the set temp.

This should solve the issue for now, but let me know if the condition re appears after about two weeks,

Thats when we will know if there is a defrost component that has failed. You can reach me here anytime.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael