Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko freezer is 19 months old. Last week I noticed it had

My Beko freezer is 19 months old. Last week I noticed it had iced up. I cleaned it and removed all the ice. It appears to be running all the time. I have lowered the thermostat to 2. A sepatate thermometer says -18.
Any suggestions for remedy
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have the model number please.

Also i take it the freezer is still working in that its keeping the food frozen still?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Either TFFC671 W or TFFC671 S According to the instruction book, don't know which model
yes the freezer is still working, just ice forming on the drawer fronts, shelves and roof

Ok if its forming ice all at the front its usually a sign the door isnt sealing corretly.

Close the door and then look at the sides of the door and along the top at the seal and heck its right up against the cabinet and theres no gap anywere along there.

Check that and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cant see any gaps, we had thought about that, checked the seal. As the freezer is just 19 months old the seal should not be damaged. Can I replace this myself if that is the problem
It's not normally a case of the seal damaged its usually the door drops. But as you say there's no gaps then the seal should be fine.Are you able to post a picture of inside the freezer so I can see the ice build up?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was cleared about 2 hours ago. I am concerned that the motor is running all the time. I will take a photo with my tablet, how do I send it to you ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On looking at the seal face on, the top left hand corner appears distorted
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On looking at the seal face on, the top left hand corner appears to be damaged

Ok looking at the pictures it looks like air could be entering the freezer from the door. As this is when you get frosting and ice building up on the front.

But when you say it was cleared out did you do a full defrost of the appliance ie turn it off so it fully defrosts?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did a full defrost and clean yesterday morning. Today I have cleared the ice twice. The motor is constantly running

Ok if the compressor is running all the time then to be honest i dont think it will be the door as this wont cause the the compressor to run all the time.

When this happens its either because the freezer isnt cold enough or the control board is keeping it running all the time. When you look at the control and lights at the top is the orange light on the left on or off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
off
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
only the green light is on
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We had lightning this past week, could the control board have been "hit". In the past we have had a tv and satellite box ruined by lightning - they are now on surge protectors, but the freezer is not protected

Yes , Thats what im beinging to think. Its looking like the control board is the issue here as for the compressor to keep running all the time its the control board telling it to.

So im afraid this is looking like the control board is at fault and would need to be replaced on this im afraid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I presume I will need to contact Beko service for this. Perhaps a new freezer is the answer , but not BEKO - broken after 19 months

You dont really need Beko as any repair company can replace them.

To be honest we find Beko are not the best brand out there. We call them a throw away appliance as when they break most people usually replace them as there usually not worth fixing as some spares can be quite expensive for them.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** a look at what else is available
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Our daughter visited on Monday and she noticed the freezer was leaning slightly forward. We screwed up the front feet and it has worked perfectly ever since. We reckon the door was not closing properly.