Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our Electrolux caravan fridge has stopped working, can you

Customer Question

Our Electrolux caravan fridge has stopped working, can you help please. The gas supply to it has never worked and the electric mains supply to the motor on the fridge stopped working. The 12v supply has been working on previous occasions.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information

This problem is two fold.

You will need two parts to fix this, first make sure you are getting 12 vdc going to the main board in the fridge or at least to the fridge, let me know on that ?

If you are getting power thats good, but you will need a new main control board to fix the electric issue so it will work on electric.

But the gas issue, that means that the thermocouple need to be replaced as it wont allow gas to flow.

Both parts are pretty easy to replace no soldering is required that board simply connects with mull off plugged wires.

Make sure you take a pic of the wiring to the board before you remove any wires so you remember where they go back on the new control board ;-)

I would only do this work if you have the tools and are handy as you could cause damage to the new board and thats not a good thing. As for the gas part make sure the gas is OFF before you replace the thermocouple! That part is a safttly device that shuts the gas off when it doesn't sense a flame when there is supposed to be one (fridge is on and gas flowing).

I will help you if you feel confident in making these repairs, please let me know on that?

The best place to get these parts: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

I would call them for this as they dont list all the parts they stock online.

***-***-****

Mon-Fri 7am - 1am EST
Sat-Sun 7am - 11pm EST

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael