Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Model - Quadrio fridge freezer. Cannot get the fridge

Model - Quadrio fridge freezer. Cannot get the fridge section to cool. The freezer section is ok.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

If so then can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, I still need help;
Frigorifero FF4DK(UK)
S/N 80924005481541600
R600a50gr
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

If the fridge section isnt working but the freezer is then the fault will be a big ice build up inside the freezer stopping the air being blown into the fridge. As the fridge section gets its cooling from the freezer on this.

What you need to do is either empty the freezer and remove both doors.

From there you need to remove the back panel in the freezer. Behind there you will see another plastic cover with the fan in, Remove this as well.

Behind that you will see the evaporator. If this is all blocked with ice you need to use a hairdryer and melt all the ice in there.

Then retry it and see how it goes.

This way it is a bit of a strip down as you need to remove all the freezer doors and panels.

If you dont want to go removing panels and doors then you need to empty the appliance and turn it off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open. This will allow the ice in there to melt away.

Then see how it goes. Fingers crossed its a one off but if it happens again in say 3 weeks time then theres a fault on the defrost side and its usually the defrost heater itself thats the fault and will need to be replaced.

So try defrosting it and that will get the fridge section back up and running again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
I have emptied freezer and drawers are open. Hopefully, this will do the trick. Ill revert back after 24 hrs.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, Fingers crossed it will be with good news that its up and running again :)