Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG Fridge evaporation tray failure Assistant: Thank you.

AEG Fridge evaporation tray failure
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: AEG Fridge S5400KMX0
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

Can you explaine a but more about the fault you have as im not sure what you mean by evaporation tray failure. Whats it doing wrong for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The evaporation tray sits on top of the motor and is meant to evaporate the water that drains from inside the fridge. The drain frequently blocks and that seems to be due to the dirty evaporation tray which seems to be only partially effective in that one half is dry and the other half is full of dirty water. Is it possible to remove the tray, clean it and replace it?

Arr im with you now.

Yes that try does remove. Its just clipped onto the top of the compressor. So to remove it you need to hold the tray with both hands and then pull it forwards and at the same time wiggle it from side to side to release it from the clip.

9 times out of 10 it comes off fine. But the odd time it can break the clip. All you need to do if this happens is get some slicon sealent and use that to stick the tray to the compressor as that will work just fine as thats what i do if the clip breaks.

Thats the only way you can remove the tray as the clip is under the tray so you cannot access this. So do the above and you will be able to remove the tray and give it a good clean out as they do gunge up over time on these.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Daniel did you get my reply? Husband away so struggling to remove tray - very tight , do not want to break it ! A lot loser now but full of water in one half !
Hi. I've not had any reply from you other then the above you sent this morning.As to removing the tray I'm afraid there isn't much more I can add other then keep trying and pulling at the same time and wiggle it side to side as you pull it and it will come off. That's the only way you can remove the tray. They are fitted on there very tight
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Daniel thank you for replying. My husband has gone away for s couple of days so it's up to me to tackle the tray ; am somewhat heavy handed - so may break ! I'm trying now
As I said sometimes it may break if this happens just use a bit of silicon sealant and that will hold it back in place anyway.I'm sure you can do it :-)

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else i can help you with on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All good thank you, ***** ***** file
That's great. You need to click the star ratings at the top of that page to close the question. A 5 star rating would be great.Many thanks
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.