KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

What does error code 35 mean on a Miele induction hob? It's

What does error code 35 mean on a Miele induction hob? It's a KM5942/43 or 44
Is it easy to repair? New parts needed? Or new hob needed?
I had pans cooking on back two rings but there was a big pair of scissors over the control panel. The hob made a kind of bang.
If I switch it on now it gives error code 35 and the back two rings have letter 'F' and front two have 'E'.
I have tried switching main fuse off and on again.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... this FE 35 error code is a low voltage or bad connection error... if incoming voltage is fine then you will have to check the cable between the electronic control and the power control board... replace the control/cable that is bad
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou - can you give me an idea of the expense / time of this as I need to know whether worth paying for the Miele technician call out, time and parts vs new hob

If the problem is just the cable then it can be repaired in around £60 however, if any of the boards have gone bad then it will cost around £180

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That helps me make my decision, job done, thank-you.