Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hotpoint wmf760 swiches on fine sets programme fine press

hi my hotpoint wmf760 swiches on fine sets programme fine press start nothing happens it worked fine last time I used it about a week or less ago ?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I have the serial no if that helps###-##-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ive tried unplugging it as it says in the handbook still no good door lock seems ok water is switched on just no go ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

When you try and start it does the door lock so you cannot open it?

If you leave it do you end up getting flashing lights from it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
DOOR LOCKS,NO FLASHING LIGHTS THO ?

Ok if the door locks but the washer isnt starting then its usually worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold it for you.

There you will see the back of the motor, There either side you will see the carbon brushes. Remove them and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm long then they have worn and need to be replaced.

This is a common fault on these hotpoints when the brushes wear it causes this fault were the door locks but wont start.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IT HAS JUST THREW UP A CODE H20 ?

H20 means no water entering. Again worn brushes can cause this still as its not allowing the washer to start a cycle.

Just check the brushes and see what you find.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NOW F01 ?

Ok F01 is a motor trica fault.

Now for this error code its usually down to a faulty control board. This is located at the back so remove the back cover towards the bottom and check the wiring on the board and the motor.

But if thats all clear then its going to be the control board and will need to be replaced. Now worn carbon brushes wont cause the F01 error code so you can still check them but as you have the F01 code its more then likely the control board as thats were the tricas are they are located on the board itself.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK ILL PULL IT OUT AND TAKE COVER OFF TOMMOROW LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ANY IDEA ON COST FOR CONTROL BOARD ?

The cheapest place for the board is actually getting hotpoint in. As they do a fixed price repair for about £110 all in. So for that price they will call out fit the board and program it up with there laptop.

Were as if you buy it yourself then the board is about £120 but is sold blank. So you need to also buy the programming kit which is another £140 so not even worth fixing yourself.

Its cheaper to get Hotpoint in on there fixed prie repair for this.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
KINELL I ONLY PAID £20 FOR THE MACHINE 2ND HAND !! ILL HAVE A LOOK ANYWAY THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME
NIGEL