Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

LG fridge freezer GWL227HSYA The water line is not feeding

Customer Question

LG fridge freezer GWL227HSYA
The water line is not feeding to the ice maker or water dispenser but the motor sound different to when it was working more muffled dosent have the buzz noise to it. Its not an airlock in the piping I have had that and know how to fix that i was hoping you can confirm its the inlet valve motor
or something like that
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** as you are aware the inlet valve and pump are interconnected at the back. First thing to do is take off the back panel and gently pull the valve/pump assembly backwards. once you have done this with help get someone to press the water supply and see if you have got any suck on the pump inlet side. If not you have a faulty pump, if the pump appears to be sucking then its either the valve or an air leak in the pipes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Fridge is at my flat so I will try on Friday when I go there next Thanks for the advice

No worries - let me know how you get on, in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given sofar, once done all further questions are free of charge, come back to me on Friday if you need further help - Ian

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ian
I replaced the pump but no joy so I bought the motor that it was attached to there are two tubes one is going to the pump the other comes from the front on the fridge. my question is they are both same colour but I couldnt see which one was on what connector ( make sense)