Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a fu15da50gb integrated freezer. I defrosted it last

Hello I have a fu15da50gb integrated freezer. I defrosted it last night and have just seen that the metal presume coolers are freezing up so soon. The fridge is set on just before the no 3. The food is rock hard and I want to be able to separate food easily or separate spinage cubes bit they are stuck rigid. Read the manual it says the higher the no the lower the temperature does that mean lower as in colder or lower as in warmer? Also if the freezer is set on 4 it makes a higher humming noise which is driving me crazy. Thank u.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

As to the temperture settings then look at it like this number 1 is the warmer setting and 7 the coldest setting.

So if you have it on 3 this is roughly around the -18 degrees c mark which is normal running temperture of the freezer.

So turn the dial down to 2 and see how it goes. But if its still getting too cold in there and the food is rock solid then its going to be a fault with the thermostat which in this case the thermostat will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dear *****iel Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify what should the temperature read on the thermostat if the dial is set on no 2 please? At the moment if I am reading it correctly the thermostate goes up in 5's ie 10, 20, 30, and 40. The thermostat is reading 10 now as I moved it this ev as it was on 20. If the thermostat does need replacing is that done from the door panel as it is integrated in a vented unit? Grrr if I have to pull the thing out nightmare job. Thank u Lorraine

Sorry i dont know what you mean by the thermostat dial showing it as 5,10,13,20. As looking at the service info on this it just shows the dial going from 1 to 7 but missing some numbers. So the dial actually shows 1,3,5 and 7 with a dash inbetween each number. I take it then yours doesnt show that?

But if the dial is set to say 2 then this is about -17 degreess

Number 3 is about -18

4 is -19 and so on.

As to replacing the thermostat then im afraid it does need to be pulled out. But only a few inches so you can remove the cover on the top of the freezer just above the dial as you can replace it from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank u. Yes the dial for the setting is 1 to 7 and on the door is a thermometer 10,20,30,40. I guess the dial 1 to 7 is the thermostate my mistake sorry. I have the thermostate switch now on 2 and the 2 is facing a little white raised bit. Wd be funny if I was turning the thermostate the wrong way. I have been turning it anticlockwise to lower it. Definately quieter now the humming is not so loud ��
Ok see how it goes like that. Fingers crossed that may be fine but if it's still playing up then it's looking like a faulty thermostat which would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Daniel all good now thank u can separate veg now. Yeaaaa. Thank u for yr help. Lorraine

Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.